Government Liaison Office/Director of Education
Job Title: Government Liaison
Office/Director of Education Term Commitment: Two Years
This board position is responsible for keeping the Chapter members educated in payroll, including organizing study groups (FPC and/or CPP), keeping current with all regulatory changes affecting payroll and informing Chapter members of training opportunities available.
Essential Job Functions
- Organize and coordinate study groups for payroll certifications (FPC and/or CPP) for fall and following spring.
- Recognize and reward new individuals receiving their payroll certifications
- Find educational opportunities for RCH credits and inform the membership of them including adding to the calendar on the website
- Update Chapter members of any regulatory changes affecting payroll during monthly meetings and by putting in the website
- Responsible for knowing the Chapter membership and who has a certification and who does not
- Responsible for promoting payroll education and certification to grow the Chapter
- Assist with securing monthly meeting speakers, topics and locations
- Be active in Chapter member mentoring
Chapter Monthly Meeting Job Functions
- Report on any new regulatory changes affecting payroll
- Report any payroll training opportunities available, including having handout available at monthly meetings
- Coordinate at least one meeting a year as the monthly chapter host
- Attend monthly chapter meetings
- Attend scheduled board meetings
- Be a member of the local chapter in good standing
- FPC or CPP preferred
- Must have training experience
- Must be up-to-date on all aspects of payroll compliance
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Officer may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.